Friday, January 7, 2011

friendship

salam.

This is a beautiful story told by my seniors during our journey in historical city, istanbul.

Abu Idris al-Khawlani said, "I entered the mosque of Damascus and there was a young man with white teeth there with some other people.When they disagreed about something, they referred it to him and followed his opinion. I inquired about him and it was said, 'That is Mu'adh ibn Jabal.'

The following day, I went early and I found that he had come earlier than me and I found him praying. I waited for him until he finished his prayer and then I approached him from the front.

I greeted him and then said, 'By Allah, I love you for the sake of Allah.'
He said, 'By Allah?' I said, 'By Allah.'
He said, 'By Allah?' I said, 'By Allah.'

He took hold of the upper part of my cloak and pulled me to him.

He said, 'Rejoice! I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Allah Almighty says, 'My love is mandatory for those who love one another in Me and sit together for My sake and who visit one another for My sake and who give generously to to one another for My sake.'"'" [Muwatta']

and this is the other one hadith about friendship in Islam


The Prophet (SAW) said 'The right of a Muslim upon a Muslim are six' It was asked what are they? He replied
' When you meet him, salute him
when he calls you, respond to him
When he seeks advice , give him advice
When he sneezes and praises Allah, respond to him
When he falls ill, visit him
When he dies, follow him (the funeral bier)' (Muslim)

mashaAllah it was so wonderful.

"o Allah, please grant all my friends with your blessings. I love them for Your sake, o The Most Gracius"

1 comment:

Nabilah Farhana Yahya said...

uhibbuki fillah abadan abada :)

FREE PALESTINE