Friday, February 10, 2017

"What A Small World"

Assalamualaikum and hi!
Rasa rajin pulak nak update blog tiba-tiba. Lols.

Anyway, I attended a meeting yesterday. Well, a women-related-NGO thing. And I met this young lady. I can't really say I know her but I did hear about her long time ago and we were supposed to meet years years ago. But you know I am a busy lady. Hahah. Just joking.

So, back to this lady. She was graduated from a university in New Zealand and she met my elder sister long time ago and they were kinda keep in touch with each other. Okay fair enough.
This lady was from Ipoh, Perak and did her praktikum in my hometown. And turns out she fall in love with this guy and they got married! Now, she is here in my hometown.

Why I'm telling you this? To show that she is not related to me or my husband. Just my sister.

Then, yesterday, after some ice breaking, yadaa yadaa, she suddenly said, "akak rasa akak kenal la suami awak (I think I know your husband)"

Bear in mind, she can't attend my wedding because just got a baby. and she saw my wedding picture in the NGO group. Well, some members did came over.

After she said that, I was like okayyyyy, in my heart, how on earth you know my husband??!! (in a very soft tone okayy, bukan marah. lols)

Then she continued, "Akak google suami awak dan baru akak teringat, dulu zaman dekat New Zealand, kami follow PPIMI punya Youtube, apa ntah Trek something. Dan dulu teringin nak buat tapi tak ada orang dekat NZ seberani suami awak"

Ha ha ha.

"What a small world"

Well, sis, he just retired from doing those stuff. So, yeah. That's how small the world is. Just at your fingertip you got that information and back in NZ and Eire, miles miles away, and yet, she recognized my husband.

I know it is kinda wrong to put that quote "what a small world" in this situation where usually happen when someone REALLY know that person whereas in this case, she only know through Youtube. Lols.

I told my parents about this, and their reaction was epic, Papa said, kan kita semua daripada Adam dan Hawa. Lols.

Yeah, right, dad.

So, back to the topic. Indeed this world is very small. There is a study saying there is only just six degrees of separation between us! Numbers of theoram on friends and strangers had been shared. To what extend it is true, I don't know. But it is not surprising if it is true.

The concept was popularised by John Guare's 1990 play, Six Degrees of Separation, which was turned into a film starring Will Smith, Stockard Channing, Donald Sutherland and Ian McKellen. One of the characters says: 'I read somewhere that everybody on this planet is separated by only six other people. Six degrees of separation between us and everyone else on this planet. The President of the United States, a gondolier in Venice, just fill in the names. I find it extremely comforting that we're so close. I also find it like Chinese water torture, that we're so close because you have to find the right six people to make the right connection ... I am bound, you are bound, to everyone on this planet by a trail of six people.' - source 

Ain't interesting?
Try it out with a stranger. Might be true :)

But at the end of the day, if you are a Muslim, we are already connected. An aqidah bond.

The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy. 49;10

More interesting article about that -Proof! Just six degrees of separation between us

Pusing-pusing pi mai tang tu, orang tuh juga kita kenal. Jadi tak usah gaduh, tak usah komplen banyak-banyak. Nanti dekat akhirat, orang tuh jugak la yang akan tolong kita atau yang akan ungkit awat tak tolong depa. 

We are living in a small world. No need to have that harsh feelings or dendam kesumat or buat jahat dekat orang. This life is too short to do evil. Just do good. We are related to each other anyway. We do sins and we repent. Allah is The Most Forgiving. So, if you do do bad to other peole, ask for forgiveness. Learn to say sorry. We are family aite.


Gambar sekadar hiasan :P


p/s new life ahead! Bring it on! Bismillah! May Allah bless. *excited*



Lot 2740
1936
12 Jamadil Awal 1438H

No comments:

FREE PALESTINE